The lifespan of the roofing material is among the most important factors to consider when choosing your roof covering, so here is what you can expect of different roofing materials in terms of longevity:Asphalt shingles – these attractive, easy to install and easy to maintain materials come in various quality ranges, offering durability of up to 40-50 years;
– Architectural shingles – similar to asphalt shingles in terms of appearance, architectural shingles can protect your building for up to half a century;
– Metal roofs – made from steel or from other alloys, the roofing panels and shingles made from metal can stay on your roof for up to 80 years;
– Clay and concrete tiles – one of the most traditional roofing materials, the tiles made from clay or concrete offer durability of at least 100 years;
– Built-up roofs – these roofs consist of alternate layers of a materials used as membrane, such as tar paper and some sort of aggregate, such as river rocks or mineral granules. The resulting structure is resistant to harsh weather and to temperature variations and they can provide reliable protection for the building underneath for at least 30 years;
– Slate roofs – one of the most elegant and most expensive roofing materials is warranted for a service life of over a century.
You can find good roofing product information on local sites like http://www.yanyun46.net/san-antonio to help you decide which is best for your home.